• Identify safety training needs, organize and coordinate safety training courses and prepare training material where appropriate.
• Coordinate the monthly safety meeting.
• Communicate changes in Safety and Environment legislation to Management.
• Identify unsafe acts, conditions, and hazards, investigate root causes and identify corrective and preventative actions and report to management.
• Coordinate at least two evacuation exercises per year to ensure that all staff becomes familiar with these procedures.
• Review and update Emergency Procedures as and when necessary for:
o Natural disasters
o Industrial action
o Political unrest
o Bomb threats
• Ensuring adequate emergency preparedness.
• Do monthly report that relate to safety functions.
• Other assignment from supervisor.